The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater


5/5 Stars 
Published by Scholastic Press
Published April 26th, 2016

Synopsis: Nothing living is safe. Nothing dead is to be trusted.

For years, Gansey has been on a quest to find a lost king. One by one, he’s drawn others into this quest: Ronan, who steals from dreams; Adam, whose life is no longer his own; Noah, whose life is no longer a lie; and Blue, who loves Gansey…and is certain she is destined to kill him.

Now the endgame has begun. Dreams and nightmares are converging. Love and loss are inseparable. And the quest refuses to be pinned to a path.


This has to be the best series ender I have ever read. With The Raven Cycle being one of my favorite series, I've been highly anticipating the release of The Raven King. For a long while now, I've been not only getting excited over the endless possibilities that could happen in this book, but I've been dreading it. If you know anything about this series, you know just how important this book is. Devoted fans have given their hearts away to these characters and their adventures, this world and its mischief, and this story with all its ups and downs. While this final book may mean the end to a journey we've fallen in love with, this crew of characters will live on and will forever have an impact on people around the world.

I was blown away by how much Maggie Stiefvater's writing and storytelling evolved through these four books. The Raven Boy's obviously hooked me from the moment I started reading, but with The Raven King, something was present that wasn't apparent in the other books. The story was told beautifully and was much darker than the previous three novels, which must've added that extra little something that made the book better. I was constantly on edge during this book - I'd catch my mind wandering off in the middle of class trying to figure out what would happen next in Cabeswater, or would wake up with the immediate thought of Gansey and Ronan on my mind. I was wrapped around Henrietta's finger, man - all I wanted to do was read the book, but at the same time I didn't want to finish it

The one thing I will always praise about this series is the cast of characters. I've never read about a group of friends so willing to sacrifice themselves for one another. The friendship in this series is so important and really sets an example as to what a strong bond looks like. I will never stop saying how much I love the character development and relationship progression throughout this series. You can physically see where these characters come together as puzzle pieces, and where certain edges and parts separate them from each other. Blue Sargent is the greatest female lead ever. There is not a single moment where I mix up Ronan with Adam, or Noah with Gansey, because they're each so diverse, and compliment each other, and are unlike any camaraderie I have ever witnessed. And now I may add, that bluesey is the most perfect non-instalovey relationship I have ever had the pleasure of reading about. There is just so much dynamic and chemistry between the two of them, my heart cannot resist the urge to weep. Then there's the mention of pynch and my entire being loses its cool.

It has been almost a month since I read The Raven King and I don't think I'll ever be over it, honestly. This book was action packed, filled to the brim with emotion and teen angst, magic, demons, and psychics, and I just cannot believe it has come to an end. The Raven Cycle is one of my favorite series (and I'm straight up talking right after Harry Potter on that list), so wherever Cabeswater lives on, is where I am. I will never be able to write a review that gives this book, as well as The Raven Cycle in general, the amount of praise it deserves. I can only trust that feeling in my gut that I get when I really love something, and go along with it. I will never be able to force upon any of you that feeling, or put it into words, but if there is anything I can really say it's that I don't regret falling in love with those raven boys. 

“In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them. Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness. Her raven boys.”


No comments :

Post a Comment