BBCP: If Book Characters Were Superheroes



Welcome back to another year of BBCP! Last year, Nori created the Book Blogger Creativity Project and I am so happy to be able to participate in it again. This year, myself and a group of five other bloggers will basically be either comparing our favorite characters to superheroes, or creating their own. Today, I'll be comparing my faves to my faves. In dedication to the release of Suicide Squad, I now present to you my bookish superheroes.

Clearly I would begin this post with a character from my favorite trilogy - June Iparis from Legend. This girl is literally Natasha Romanov aka Black Widow. If I had an all superhero squad assembly like the Avengers or X-Men, I would kill to have June on my squad. June has spent a good amount of her time at Drake training in the arts of military tactics, which makes her an excellent fighter, great analyst, and overall a certified badass. I'm sure if you got June and Natasha pegged against each other, they'd be going at each other for days on end - because that's just how good each of them are. I also really love girl power, so hell yes to June and Nat.


Next up, Alina Starkov from Shadow and Bone. Alina is basically Sunspot from the X-Men, who can absorb solar radiation and then use it in a variety of ways. Sunspot can fire heat and solar power from practically every part of his body, use thermal energy to fly, and produce the heat of a thousand suns, and he's one of my favorite superheros ever. Now if you know Alina, you know this girl can pack a punch with her sun powers. She is the literal light of the Grishaverse and knows how to use her powers to her advantage. Honestly add Sunspot and Alina together and the whole world would combust. 



These two amazing female main characters, who I already consider superheroes, would change the world as we know it. Since I'm a massive Marvel fan, I knew this post would be fun to write up. Are there any book to superhero comparisons that you can make? Let me know in the comments below!!


No comments :

Post a Comment